Friday, January 27, 2017

Picture Book Review: The Girl Who Loved Wild Horses By Paul Goble

Looking to fulfill a few more of my reading challenges I stumbled upon this book that I have never read before. The striking artwork on the cover had me eagerly scooping it up in children's section of the library. This Caldecott winning book fills in slots for 1001 children's books, old school kidlit, and picture book reading challenges.

Riding on the back of a horse a Plains girl ends up lost during a major storm. She is welcomed by a herd of wild horses and becomes their friend and part of their family. 

The best part of this picture book was the artwork. It was AMAZING! This is the type of picture book that has me flipping back through the pages to soak in the beauty of the art. I love how how motion is conveyed with things like her hair blowing outwards. 

The story was decent and showed the love that the girl had for both her family and her adopted horse family. I love the ending that plays into what you would see with traditional lore. 

4 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment