Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Picture Book review: Stinky Cheese Man and Other Fairly Stupid Tales by Jon Scieszka

Ok so I've never read this book nor heard of it before. But I am familiar with the author's 3 little pigs retelling. I saw this book title on the 1001 Children's books list and was like ok I HAVE to read that.

The book contains quick silly retelling of classic children's fairy tales. Many of the stories are linked together from one retelling to the next.

Ok so right off the bat I was laughing as I saw the back cover with the hen asking, "who is this ISBN guy." Then to see the upside down dedication page I knew there was a treasure awaiting inside this book. This book did not disappoint! I found myself several times laughing out loud.

I would say that this book is truly best appreciated by adults. Not that it isn't for kids or that they wont enjoy it but the humor of it totally is something that adults will get. The art work is top notch. It is hard for me to pick my favorite drawing from the sly fox, stinky cheese man or the tortoise and the hare. All help with the whimsy and humor driven book.

I borrowed this from the library but have already decided that I MUST get a copy for myself. 

5 out of 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment