Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Picture Book Review: Blue's Rainy Day Music by Ronald Kidd

My son never really got into Blues Clues. He would watch it but it wasn't his favorite. My stepdaughter however adored the show when she was little and had several books and toys. Is Blues Clues even still on TV? Well I remembered reading this book to my stepdaughter so I had to go digging through the closet and into an old box filled with the books from when she was little to find it. Rainy days call for rainy themed books after all.

It is raining out and the sound of the rain is almost musical. Steve Blue and Magenta form a band called the Squeaky Cleans. Can Steve figure out Blue's Clues for what instrument she wants to play in the band?

Yeah, so after rereading this I was reminded just why it is buried in a box in a closet and not on a shelf of my son's books. This was almost painful to read. It was nice that it followed the format of the show and I could almost hear Steve's voice in my head. But ugh it reminds you of the almost mind numbing simpleton like nature of Steve. The artwork is on par with the show and if your child is a fan of the show they most likely will enjoy this book (again is it still even on air?).  Back in the box in the closet with you book!

For me this is a 2 out of 5 but for a child that is a fan of the show I can see it bumping up to a 3 or 4 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment